Okay, so good news guys, I finally took down my braids after almost two months, HUZZAH!!! The bad news is a 1/4 of my natural hair decided to come down with it :( (That huzzah bit was a Horrible Histories reference; if you don't know, get to know. It's on BBC iPlayer).
Those boho French curls will definitely be missed; I took some great pictures with them. But I wasn't sure what to do with them. I've been so used to changing up my hair every week once I washed it, but with these extensions, while I didn't have to focus too much on my actual hair, I felt trapped in this one hairstyle.
It's definitely a little disheartening to see that the progress I've made for over a year on my hair disappear like this. I almost feel like I'm back to square one. But on the other hand, I've really missed my natural hair and experimenting with new styles.
Instead of grieving my lost progress, I'm going to try and look at this as a chance to start over. There's this superstition that hair holds memories, and while I'm not shaving my head bald to match my dad (lol), this loss can mean I can now make new memories with my hair. Do you get what I mean, or am I being a pretentious twat?
Let me know
-Liz <3
Gurl the hair loss is so real 🥲 The amount of hair I lose whenever I take out my hair from braids is insane, I might as well go bald with the amount of progress I just lost 😭. Also can I ask how you take care of your boho braids cause I really want to get them but I fear they would look a mess after 3 weeks.
ReplyDeleteAlso quick reassurance, I have had my natural hair out now for a good 3 years and it may look like no progress is happening in your eyes but my friends and family members say that my hair has grown a lot so just because you might not see the grow doesn't mean that it's not there. Hope you have fun experimenting with your hair 🫶